Saturday, February 14, 2015

Every Good Gift

"Every good gift and every perfect present comes from above" -James 1:17


So this begins the first blog post of our hopeful future journeys.  Tyler and I have such a desire to do more for Jehovah. In short, we want to pioneer, have many bible studies, live simply, help where there is a great need, and do all that we can to do the work fully that Jehovah has assigned. 

We were planning on visiting a South American country for a while to help there. So, we were trying to save money to take care of all our needs during the expected trip, while, at the same time taking care of our regular bills. However, that is much easier said than done! We weren't too sure if this was the right direction for us at this time, so our focus switched once again to pursuing something in the US but the goal of traveling to another country with a need was still on our minds.

One day in Feb., I was out in service on a day I don't normally go out. The sisters I was out with wanted to go to IHOP for breakfast. While a sister was helping me put on a "blue square pin", I saw in the reflection of the car window a woman with fiery eyes rushing towards us. Oh no! She's gonna tell us to leave, I thought. But then woman asked, "Are you out in service?" She was a sister traveling for work to our town! That fire in her eyes was there because she had a great conversation with a man wanting to learn what the bible teaches and she wanted to find someone in his area to return to see him. Once we made arrangements for the man to be visited by Witnesses in his area, she told us that she lived in another country with her family where there is a great need. Could this be direction? 

I began asking all the questions I could as we walked into the restaurant. She said many things that morning that touched my heart and made it clear that this was direction!! I immediately told Tyler about it and he agreed. So guess what happened next: we had enough money that month to cover bills, both passports and plane tickets! So, that's where we are right now, hopefully it will all turn out and we can leave at the very end of May.  Plans can change but we hope with all our hearts this will be something finally tangible for us that will give us much needed encouragement and experience. I'm so excited and grateful for even the prospect of this "good gift".

I'll post an update when new things happen. See you soon!

-Bri'Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment